Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Blog


Welcome Friends! I have started this blog for no important reason. As a matter of fact, this entire blog is going to be about nothing particularly important. If the url hasn’t already given it away, Bradford’s Bastard Blog is going to be about Beer, BBQ, and Baseball. Why Beer, BBQ, and Baseball? Well, these happen to be some of my favorite things to drink, do, and watch. Why start a blog about them? Recently the love of my life, let’s call her “She”, started a blog to help her reconnect with things she feels passionate about, things she has lost touch with, things that she enjoys. While by no means are Beer, BBQ, and Baseball important, I do enjoy them, and I do at times lose touch with them. Life is full of important things; jobs, bills, ect. By all means, it’s important to pay attention to these things. However, I also think we sometimes need to take time and make sure to give ourselves the things we enjoy. This is something that “She” has helped me understand. Often times I find myself getting too caught up in things like work. I forget to stop and enjoy life. This blog, in a way, is to help me stop getting so caught up and help me get back to enjoying. Someday I’ll look back on my life and I’m not going to remember most of these”important” thing. I hope to look back and remember these things I enjoy; I hope to have lots of them to remember.

I should note that I recently had the fortune to combine something very important to me, friends and family, with these exact things I’m blogging about…beer, bbq, and baseball. I thank everyone who came up. I’m glad we could all enjoy these things together. It was a memory I will always take pleasure in and a memory I hope to repeat many times.

Now, to what Bradford’s Bastard Blog is about:

While I wrote this blog, I enjoyed some awesome beer, bbq, and baseball.

Beer: A beer I found at Whole Foods called Maredsous. It’s a Belgium Triple (one of my favorite types of beer as you will probably discover as this blog develops). I have to say I recommend it. It’s a strong, sweat beer (like all Triples), but not overpowering in its sweetness. The 10% alc/vol is something to probably be aware of. Don’t pound these things. Slowly enjoy them for their flavor.

BBQ: A 1.25lb porterhouse with a hickory flavored dry-rub. It cost $25 from Whole Foods (damn I love their meat, damn I hate their prices). I overcooked it just a bit (damn you new distraction of a blog) but still left it closer to rare than medium, so it was still fantastic.

Baseball: Watching the Blue Jays play in Detroit. Rooting for the Blue Jay since the Tigers are only 2.5 back of the Sox. The Tiger’s schedule the next few weeks is pretty difficult. I’m hoping the White Sox can get a significant lead before they hit September and have their own difficult schedule. As I’m posting this, the game is tied 2-2 in the top of the 8th. Go Blue Jays!

6 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIT.

    Everything is right in my world.

    -Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be able to make up whatever I want and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some Brandon Christol-esque BS right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.virginmedia.com/images/Paddington-Bear.jpg

    ReplyDelete